My PerfectSitz sitz bath for the toilet arrived on Tuesday. It fit our toilet seat well and was comfortable to sit on for long periods of time. The sitz bath wasn’t easy to set up, but it wasn’t hard either. Soaking in hot water for 15min definitely helped ease my anal discomfort. However, the hot water was uncomfortable for my private parts; for future soaks, I’ll have to find a good balance between hot and cold.
Other notes on sitz:
- Will start by taking one bath a day. If that is not enough, then will increase to two then three.
- Added Epsom salt into my sitz bath on Wednesday. Didn’t notice that much of a difference, but will keep adding. (Don’t want that 3lb bag I bought at Walgreens to go wasted.)
- Preparation H wipes came in quite handy. Going to use them after every bowel movement and before each sitz bath.
- Thinking about filling my EPAM insulated water bottle with hot water and keeping it on standby during each sitz bath
- Can’t shake the feeling that I’ve gone down this path before, but there’s no mention of sitz bath anywhere in my old blog posts