Happy Monday! Here is what I did during my week off work:
- Hangouts / Social Gatherings: TP Tea (w/Eric on Thursday), TeaTop (w/Justin on Friday), New Port Dim Sum + TenRen (w/Justin, Patrick + Diane, Alvin, Justin on Saturday), Dough Zone + Round1 @ Eastridge Mall (w/Justin, Tom + Eva, Lisa, Branden + GF)
- Takeout / Delivery Food: Shanghai Garden, Xi’An Kitchen (my treat to parents), Mingala Cafe, Hechaa
- Movies: Ip Man (2010), The Nutty Professor (1996), Garfield’s Thanksgiving (1989), Last Night in Soho (2021), King Richard (2021), Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
- TV shows: The Expanse, Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune, The Magic Maker
- Documentaries: To the Arctic (2012), My Life as a Turkey (2021), A Samurai in the Vatican (2021), Ken Burn’s Country Music: The Rub (2019)
- Video Games: Splatoon 2, Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventure
- Books: Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert
Our Thanksgiving hot pot was cancelled this year because my brother and dad were both asleep at 5:30pm on Thursday. One was recovering from a night of prolonged gaming, the other from a massive toothache. I thought about taking GBus to GWC5 to pick up my Google vaccination sticker and clean out my YouTube desk, but was discouraged by my parents and the early 8am Blue Hills GBus departure time.
The second half of the week really picked up in terms of social gatherings. Unhealthy as it sounds, I ended up having boba every day. The Sunday hangout at the Eastridge lasted so long that I had to skip my daily exercise routines, but doing physical therapy stretches during billiards and playing DDR & DanceRush Stardom at the arcade helped somewhat.